|My family's GO TO comfort food! My Mom's Potluck Dinner Winner!|
2 lbs. Pork Country Style Spareribs (Have butcher cut into 2” pieces)
1 Small can Chunk Pineapple (reserved pineapple juice to be added to sauce)
1 Green Bell Pepper (sliced in quarter inch pieces)
3 Garlic Cloves (crushed)
1 Large Sweet Onion (sliced)
¼ tsp. Ginger
1 tbsp. Olive Oil
¼ Cup Soy Sauce
¾ Cup Ketchup
1. Season spareribs with salt, ginger, and pepper; leave in bowl on counter to bring to room temperature.
Prep all other ingredients and set aside.
2. Place large pot over medium high heat and when pan is heated, add 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
3. Once oil is heated, add spareribs and brown. When ribs brown, add onions and garlic and stir.
Then add enough water to cover ribs simmering in covered pot until tender (30-45 minutes).
4. Water will evaporate so be sure to keep checking, but do not add additional water unless liquid is gone.
5. When ribs are tender begin adding soy sauce, ketchup, bell peppers, pineapples and reserved pineapple juice.
Stir gently and simmer for another 10 minutes.
6. Best served with cooked rice.